- Which of the following failures are unique to distributed database systems?
- What are characteristics of process migration?
- What are parts of network structure?
- What are characteristics of distributed file system?
- What is omission failure in distributed systems?
- Why is it so hard to hide the occurrence and recovery from failures in a distributed system?
- What is distributed system explain?
- What is the reason for developing distributed shared memory systems?
- Which technique is based on compile time program transformation?
- What are the characteristics of tightly coupled system?
- How do distributed systems deal with failures?
- Which routing technique is used in distributed system?
- What is fundamental model in distributed system?
- What is failure model in distributed system?
- What are design issues in distributed system structure?
Which of the following failures are unique to distributed database systems?
Failures unique to distributed systems: Failure of a site.
Loss of massages.
Handled by network transmission control protocols such as TCP-IP..
What are characteristics of process migration?
Process migration is the act of transferring a process between two machines. It enables dynamic load distribution, fault resilience, eased system administration, and data access locality. Despite these goals and ongoing research efforts, migration has not achieved widespread use.
What are parts of network structure?
Computer network components are the major parts which are needed to install the software. Some important network components are NIC, switch, cable, hub, router, and modem.
What are characteristics of distributed file system?
A highly reliable and scalable distributed file system should have multiple and independent file servers controlling multiple and independent storage devices. Probability of loss of stored data should be minimized. System should automatically generate backup copies of critical files.
What is omission failure in distributed systems?
Omission Failures. When a process or channel fails to do something that it is expected to it is termed an omission failure. Process omission failures: A process makes an omission failure when it crashes — it is assumed that a crashed process will make no further progress on its program.
Why is it so hard to hide the occurrence and recovery from failures in a distributed system?
3. Q: Why is it sometimes so hard to hide the occurrence and recovery from failures in a distributed system? A: It is generally impossible to detect whether a server is actually down, or that it is simply slow in responding.
What is distributed system explain?
Definition. A distributed system, also known as distributed computing, is a system with multiple components located on different machines that communicate and coordinate actions in order to appear as a single coherent system to the end-user.
What is the reason for developing distributed shared memory systems?
A distributed shared memory is a mechanism allowing end-users’ processes to access shared data without using inter-process communications. In other words, the goal of a DSM system is to make inter-process communications transparent to end-users.
Which technique is based on compile time program transformation?
We describe computation migration, a new technique that is based on compile-time program transformations, for accesing remote data in a distributed-memory parallel system.
What are the characteristics of tightly coupled system?
Tightly coupled systems can be identified by the following characteristics:Connections between components in the system are strong.Parts of the system are directly dependent on one another.A change in one area directly impacts other areas of the system.Efficiency is high across the entire system.More items…•
How do distributed systems deal with failures?
Fault-tolerant distributed systems often handle failures in two steps: first, detect the failure and, second, take some recovery action. A common approach to detecting failures is end-to-end timeouts, but using timeouts brings problems.
Which routing technique is used in distributed system?
Explanation: Distributed system uses fixed routing technique. Dynamic and virtual routing are not used is distributed system. So, option (A) is correct.
What is fundamental model in distributed system?
Fundamental Models – Description of properties that are present in all distributed architectures. ∎ Interaction Models – Issues dealing with the. interaction of process such as performance and timing. of events. ∎ Failure Models – Specification of faults that can be.
What is failure model in distributed system?
Distributed systems have the partial failure property, that is, part of the system can fail while the rest continues to work. The Mozart failure model defines what failures are recognized by the system and how they are reflected in the language. …
What are design issues in distributed system structure?
It can be constructed from heterogeneous hardware and software. Scalability: Scalability of the system should remain efficient even with a significant increase in the number of users and resources connected. Security : Security of information system has three components Confidentially, integrity and availability.